Sunday, October 5, 2008

Three Weeks and Counting


The Journey begins anew in three short weeks. October 28 I will fly to Orange Park, Florida for three weeks of rehearsal with the "new" cast. It will be odd beginning again with so many new faces. All 7 orphans are new and most of the adult cast as well. We will also have an all new crew. Our stage manager is returning and I do know our company manager who worked with the show last year. Both of these are good things as these folks set the tone for the rest of us while on the road.

I am looking forward to getting started again as I have missed the "spotlight" and performing every night. I will be sad to leave home and Cay and Ashlea but I will get to come home more often this time around and they are coming out to see us again so it will not be too bad.

Well, I have three weeks to figure out how t pack all I will need for 14 months of travel on the road in 2 suitcases, a backpack and a messenger bag. Not an easy trick, however, last year I didn't use everything I packed so I am hoping to travel lighter this year. I do have to find a new suitcase but that isn't a priority right now as being out of work for five months has been tough. I am ready to start receiving a paycheck again!

No comments: