Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Summer Happenings

Many of you have asked what I have been doing this summer. I would like to report that it has all been fun and adventure. That I had sailed the oceans, traveled abroad, and seen the pyramids. The truth is I spent most of my time at home with family and helping out Cay at work with church.

I did spend a week with our youth choir on Choir Tour to Myrtle Beach, SC and other places. It was a great experience. We performed an original work called "Hope Carries On" that deals with teen suicide. My wife and four others wrote it and they invited me to help out by directing. Plans are now in the works to create a DVD of the piece that will be presented across the nation in High Schools and Colleges to aid in prevention and dealing with the effects of suicide. This will hopefully be done in connection with The Jason Foundation.

As I have already written I spent a few days in NYC be measured for costumes and visiting my daughter Alayna and was able to catch up with a few of the folks from last years cast.

I have also traveled to my hometown in Texas a couple of times to visit my family. It was such a blessing to spend much needed time with them.

That is about it. Lots of work at church, helping with Vacation Bible School, cleaning and reorganizing at The Steeple Players Theatre, building a set for "Steel Magnolias" and some other odd jobs just for fun. It has been good to reconnect with friends here in Hendersonville.

But I have noticed it is somehow different. More on that later.

I am now two weeks away from beginning the tour again and am trying to get prepared for that; packing, last minute details, early voting, etc. It is amazing how quickly 5 months can go by! Can't wait to meet my new cast members and reunite with familiar ones. I know that this year will be even more exciting and fulfilling than the last.

No comments: