Friday, October 10, 2008

Ponderings




Found these pictures of my Dad and wanted to share them with you all. They were taken by my cousin Jennifer. I don't know is you see the strength and compassion in these photos that I do but I see an amazing person.
Tonight I am in Gatlinburg, TN with friends trying to write music/plays for a youth choir and adult Christmas program. The topics are really heavy and difficult to deal with. As I sit here listening to others work I am reminded of family and friends. Being away from Mom and Dad is difficult now as they wrestle with the pains of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's and just living each day. It isn't fair that any one should have to suffer through the illnesses. My anger grows as I hear about billions being spent and lost on institutions while our elderly, poor and others struggle to survive. How have we gotten to this place? How did our world get turned upside down?




I love you all. I wish that I could wave a magic wand and make all of our troubles and sorrows disappear but since I don't I will simply say a prayer for each of you tonight and trust in God's Perfect love to see us all through this. In the end there is something that our government and banks can't take away from us . . . each other.




May God's grace and peace be with you all today and always.




David

No comments: