Thursday, October 30, 2008

Rehearsals Begin




Greetings from Orange Park, FL and the Thrasher Horne Center for Arts. I arrived here on Tuesday. First meeting/rehearsal was Wednesday morning. It was great to see some familiar faces and meet so many new people. Everyone seems really great and the kids are very sweet and cute. Everyone was really excited to get start. The first read through went great and everyone seems to be very talented. I know it will be a great experience once again. Because it is a little different cast with different strengths and approaches there are elements of the show that will be different but of course "Annie" is what is and always will be.








So far I haven't done much at rehearsals as they work on getting new folks up to speed. I will have my first real work session tomorrow after lunch. I imagine as opening week gets closer I will be very, very busy. I have noticed that my approach to the play and the character are a little different this time as I am more relaxed about some things and more uptight about others. It is still a lot of fun and I can't wait to get on my feet in front of an audience.


Some interesting facts about the cast: our "Grace" is also from the Nashville area. She lived in Murfreesboro. At least 4 of the cast members (maybe more) are originally from Texas! The oldest "orphan" is 13 and the youngest 7. I have chosen to have a roommate this year. At least at the beginning. The company should be good and saving money will be great especially in these difficult time.

We get to stay in some really nice places these first few months which is exciting. We have rehearsals here for the next two-and-a-half weeks before heading to Raleigh, NC on Sunday, November 16. Cay will be coming for opening night which is exciting and I look forward to seeing many of my hometown friends in Chattanooga, TN.

Give me a call or shoot me an e-mail as I love to hear from you all!




No comments: