Sunday, December 6, 2009

PA, MA, PA, MA, PA



Thursday we did the show in Pennsylvania.  Friday in Massachusetts.  Saturday in Pennsylvania.  Sunday in Massahchusetts.  Tomorrow we will drive to Pennsylvania AGAIN!  You would think they could work it out to where we didn't have to drive in and out of the same states over and over again.  But alas, we must go to where th audience is.

OK, now that that is over, tonight we did the show in Lowell, MA.  It was a tiny theatre where we were unable to use any of our set.  All we used were the props, and we didn't even use all of them.  And the audience loved the show.  It was one of those weird experencies where you couldn't really tell if the audience was with until the curtain call where they stood and cheered.  I have given up trying to figure out audiences other than I depend upon them for feedback and letting me know if I am doing a good job as an actor.  I depend upon their responses to let me know if I am fulfilling my role and doing my job well.  Sometimes I hit a home run and some times I ground out, but I always go out there and do my best.  Like any other job I have good days and bad days.  But unlike other jobs I get applauded at the end of the day regardless.  I truly am one of the "luckiest men in the world."

Tomorrow we will spend 10 hours on the bus driving to Indiana, PA.  We perform there on Tuesday.  While I don't relish the idea of spending the day on the bus it will be nice to have a day off from performing.  I will probably spend the morning sleeping on the bus.  After lunch I plan on watching the movie "Up."  I am still trying to get back into the swing of touring.  It does take a certain toil physically, mentally, and emotionally.  I also find I am still trying to figure out my relationships with the new cast members both onstage and off.

Two more weeks until our layoff for Christmas!  It will be the first time in three years that I get to celebrate Christmas with my entire family.  I am really looking forward to that.

No comments: