Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Back on the Road - Again

After a wonderful week off for Christmas spent with family, were I ate too much and said too much, we are back on the road in Phoenix, Arizona.  We are playing at the Arizona State University Gammage Auditorium which a very large, unique and beautiful theatre.  We opened last night and the the show was great and the audience amazing.  It is these kinds of nights that make being out on the road tolerable.

I love the desert! There is a certain majestic beauty that is unique to this part of the country.  The weather here is beautiful after having been in the snow and ice of north Texas last week.  It is sixty degrees today and the sun is shining.  It is very dry here which I can tell is effecting my voice.  I can't seem to drink enough water to keep my throat from being dry.  But it is a small price to pay for being in such a warm and wonderful place.

Tomorrow we have a show at noon and then have the rest of the day off.  The Insight Bowl is being played here tomorrow, and I have thought about seeing if I can get tickets.  I don't care anything about the teams that are playing but I have always wanted to go to a Bowl game and this would be my best opportunity.  We'll see.  I probably can't afford it.  Maybe I'll just stand outside the stadium and watch the people go in.

Tempe has one of the top ten New Year's Eve celebrations in the country and it is taking place just down the street.  I think most of the company may participate in those fesitivities.  There is lots of free music and activities and it sounds like it should be a lot of fun.  If I can't spend New Year's Eve with my family what better way to celebrate than with 150,000 loud and crazy strangers!

I hope your New Year is filled with many blessings and that all your dreams come true.

Cay, Alayna, and Ashlea, I especially pray that God blesses you all and that life is nothing but good to you.

All my love,

David

No comments: