Tuesday, March 31, 2009

On the Road Again

Well, we are back out on the road. This week we are in the Great State of Texas! I grew up in Texas and my family still lives here. While I may not get to see all of them this week it is great to be back "home." Today we are in Amarillo which is located in West Texas a few miles from Palo Duro Canyon, one of the most beautiful places on earth. We will be here for two days and have a 10:00 am performance tomorrow. Early morning shows are tough because of the strain on body and voice but it should be fun as the audience will be mostly school children.

Thursday we will be in Lubbock where I will be able to see my Uncle and cousin and will be doing a Q&A at my cousins school on Friday. We will be in Lubbock through Saturday before heading out to Waco for a day and then Longview for a day where several members of my wife's family will be seeing the show. After that we head north to Illinois.

Everyone seems to be dealing with being back on the road pretty well and I believe the week off has helped to rejuvenate most. I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things but will miss being at home. This is the single greatest struggle of this life style. I love performing but the sacrifices are huge. Thank goodness for cellphones, internet and an understanding and supportive wife.

1 comment:

Nell said...

Great job!!! The play was wonderful. Enjoyed our visit with you so much. My phone rang off the wall today with my friends telling me how much they enjoyed the show...we are all so proud of you!!!!
Auntie Nell