Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Anchorage Airport






I am now at the airport with a boarding pass to get on a plane so things are looking up. While I have all this time on my hands I thought I would share some photos of Alaska. Those of you who get this via e-mail may have to log on to blogspot to see the pictures.

Many of the roads in the mountains were still closed due to snow so we weren't able to get very far into the mountains. The first picture is rather had to make out. It is taken from Anchorage looking across the bay to the mountains. You can see in the distance a very faint image of some mounains. The tallest mountain is Mt. McKinley which is the highest point in North America. It is several hundred miles from Anchorage to the mountain. The second picture is of Anchorage with the mountains in the background. It was amazing. The third picture is of me in front of the Alaskan Railroad with mountains in the background. You can see the bay that is just outside of Anchorage and it is nearly completely frozen over. It was the first time I had ever seen a frozen ocean in person. It is rather actually overwhelming to think that a body of water that huge and with that much movement could get cold enough to freeze over.

No comments: