Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Anchorage and MT. REDOUBT!

Well, we have finished up here in Anchorage and ready to head home for a much needed week off. IF we can get out of Anchorage. A volcano is playing havoc with our travel plans. I was suppose to fly out tonight but had two flights canceled. The hope now is fly out in the morning at get home about 9 tomorrow night (Tuesday). I just hope they cancel more flights. Everything is up in the air right now (no pun intended) due to the volcanic activity at MT Redoubt. I wish I could say it has been fascinating being apart of a volcanic eruption, but except for canceled flights we haven't experienced anything.

Alaska is beautiful. There are no words to describe it and pictures don't do it justice. It is brutally cold though. I could never live here.

I did have a nice thing happen tonight after I got back to the hotel from trying to catch my flight. We were eating at a bar near by and a young lady who is friends of a member of the cast came over and spent several minutes telling me how great she thought I did in the part and what a natural it was. It is often the only feedback we get on the road other than laughter and applause and it is reassuring and affirming to receive such praise even after 394 performances of the National tour.

Well it is late and I have to catch a bus so I can catch a plane in a few hours. Keep us all in your prayers that we all get home on Tuesday. We need it more than you can imagine. The prayers and home.

No comments: