Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Well, it has been quite a week here in Pittsburgh. Monday we left Buffalo to drive to Pittsburgh. The three hour drive ending up taking nearly six hours as we found ourselves in the midst of a snow storm and very strong winds. The blowing snow made it very difficult to see. Our driver did a great job of getting us here safely. Once in Pittsburgh there was no snow and all things considered we have had great weather.

We are playing at Heinz Hall. It is a great older theatre space and has been really fun to play. For a holiday week we have had decent crowds and of course the cast is excited about the holidays and the opportunity to be with family and friends. Tuesday I stopped at Dunkin Doughnuts for a hot chocolate and spent a few minutes talking to a local man who was obviously down on his luck. I don't know that he was homeless but he was obviously alone and needing companionship. We talked about the Steelers and football and work and how life changes. He thanked me several times for simply "talking to him." It never ceases to amaze me how appreciative people are of a little awareness and taking time out for others.

I also got a call from Cay Wednesday and could tell she was having a difficult time this Christmas. This was to be the first time since we got married that we wouldn't be together as a family on Christmas Day. So after I hung up I decided to rent a car and drive to Hendersonville and spend Christmas Eve night and part of Christmas Day with her and the girls. So after the show on Christmas Eve I hopped in the car and drove the 8 hours to Hendersonville. I got there just after the 11:00 Christmas Eve service had started and stood in the back until Ashlea looked over her shoulder and saw me. It was a moment I will remember for a long time. It was the best Christmas present I think I have ever given or ever received.

Back in Pittsburgh by 1:00 am on Friday and on with show. We have six shows this weekend which is always overwhelming! It takes an incredible amount of energy to do two shows in one day and to do that three days in a row is exhausting. But it does make the time go by faster and keeps away the boredom.

I have pictures to post but the connection here is poor so I will post them when I get to St. Louis or Kansas City.

I hope this post finds you all well and have a great Holiday week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was great to meet you! Really enjoyed all the shows we saw--what a great Daddy Warbucks you are!

Lance Moody (Ivy's Dad)

Anonymous said...

I love reading your Blog about the shows but I also love reading about how you reach out and communicate with others wherever you are. You have been very blessed and you are also a blessing for so many in return. Your Blog always gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling if you know what I mean!

I will continue to keep you and the cast and crew in my thoughts and prayers as you all continue to bring Joy and Happiness and so much more to so many individuals who's lives you touch.

Peace be with you,
LEE