Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Daytona Beach

Yesterday and today we have been playing the Peabody Auditorium here in Daytona Beach. It is a small stage but we have had a great time doing the play and hanging out on the beach. The weather has been amazing with highs around 75 and sunny skies.

Got some sad news today. Ben Alford, the pastor who hired Cay at HFUMC passed away today after a battle with cancer. Ben is also the person who encouraged me to begin Steeple Players and reclaim my love of theatre. He will be missed.

On a happier note, Amanda and Annalisa came to see the show tonight. Amanda played Annie and Annalisa played Molly in last years tour. They have both gotten taller and are no longer "little girls" but have grown to become beautiful young ladies. They were thrilled with the show and we had a great time reconnecting, even if only for a few moments.

Tomorrow we travel to North Charleston, SC to play two days there. So, at 7:30 in the morning I will be getting on a bus for the six hour drive.

6 days and counting to Macon when I will get to spend some much needed time with my beloved wife, Cay.

Peace to all and Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi David, this is Amanda. I just wanted to tell you that it was so aweome seeing you again. Thank you for all the times you were there for me on the road and for being so important to me in so many ways ..like as a role model actor and as my friend and of course as my "daddy W" (lol). It was so great to be able to watch you from the audience. You are such an awesome actor. Take care on the road, OK? & I hope I will see you soon sometime again. I tried to send a photo of u & me but I still can't work the photo tags that great, so this is the address for the pic to copy and put in the browser. I hope it works. Stay safe and keep warm in the snow & stuff, love Amanda
http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL750/4324766/21149679/347596742.jpg

Gene Boren said...

Dear David: I finally was able to get onto your blog (did I spell that right?)and was sorry to hear about Pastor Ben. Wasn't he the elderly preacher that we met when we were in Henddrsonville? It is interesting to see the photos - - that is something new from you. Take care of yourself and have a Merry Christmas. Gene