Monday, September 15, 2008

Daily Workouts


I just got home from running from the church to my house. This is about a mile-and-a-half. It took me about 15 minutes. I usually try and walk/run for 45 minutes to an hour (mostly walk). Today, I wanted to get home in time to watch Monday Night Football.


I am amazed at how much better I feel when I exercise. I know I need to do it every day but don't see to be able to commit to it. I hope to do better this month.


Since Christmas of 2006 I have lost 55 pounds. Since getting cast as Daddy Warbucks I have lost 45 pounds. Most of this is simply due to lifestyle changes. When traveling I never took food on the bus or to my hotel room. I basically cut out all snacks and went to eating only 3 meals a day. I also don't drink or smoke (except water and diet cokes).


I also started walking more. While in NYC I would always walk rather than taking the train, bus or a cab. I figure I probably walked 5 to 7 miles a day while in NYC. Couple that with rehearsals and all the energy expended during rehearsals and performances and it all adds up.


Now I try and exercise 3 to 4 days a week and eat in moderation watching sugars, starches and carbs. It is really just a common sense diet. I still eat things I like including the occasional ice cream, candy bar, and nachos. I just try not to do it every day and definitely not more than once during a day.


I hope to loose another 10 pounds before Oct. 28 and the beginning of the next tour. By June I hope to be down to 200 pounds which is my ideal weight. I don't know that it will happen but it is good to have a goal.


The most important thing for me is that I have gone from wearing a 46 waist to wearing a 38 waist. I am hoping to get into a 36 or 34 by June. (the size I wore 25 years ago)


Good luck to all you dieters out there. You can do it. And remember losing weight is simply a benefit of getting healthy.


David

No comments: