Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Yakima, WA

Monday we arrived in beautiful Yakima, WA where we opened last night at the Capitol Theatre.  It is an old Vaudville House built in the 1920's.  It is a beautiful house and a nice stage.  Everyone here has been super nice. The show went well dispite a few distractions and the audience really seemed to enjoy the show.  We had a reception after the show and then everyone went to the Sports Center, a local bar and grill, for food.  Jeff and I went there Monday night and met two of the waitresses and had a great time since we were the only two people in the place.  I guess people in Yakima don't go out on Monday nights.

I am reminded again of how difficult it is to be away from home and away from family.  My 90+ year old grandmother fell yesterday and broke her femur.  She is having surgery today to repair the bones and have a plate and pins inserted into the leg.  I know there is nothing more that I could do for her if I were there than I am doing now, but somehow the distance is troubling.  Please keep her and my family in your prayers as they care for her in the difficult recovery that lies ahead.

We will be in Yakima for two more nights before heading north to Seattle for the weekend.  After that we will have only 4 more weeks to live this dream called "Annie."

No comments: