Monday, February 22, 2010

San Francisco

We arrived here last night after a wonderful closing performance in Modesto.  I went to dinner with our Annie and her dad.  It was nice to get to sit and talk with Madison away from the theatre and the craziness of the company.  Went back to the hotel to relax and ended up going out with a couple of friends and stayed up way to late talking but it was good to feel needed and appreciated.

Today I got up and walked to the Golden Gate Bridge.  I thought it would be about a 3 mile walk and it turned out to be about an 8 mile walk!  But it was well worth it.  The walk along the water front was amazing.  I saw sea lions playing in the bay and so much natural beauty.  The bridge is very inspiring.  It is amazing to me how it was built and how it continues to be maintained.  I can't imagine hanging in a basket from the cables to inspect, paint and repair them.

I spent the evening at the water front and am now getting ready to get some sleep before flying to Manhattan, Kansas tomorrow.  It is going to be a really long day of travel as we leave the hotel at 9:45 a.m. and get into Manhattan at 9:00 p.m.  Ahhhh, the joys of being a professional actor in a national tour.

I hope you enjoy the pictures of the bridge, Alcatraz and more.


No comments: