Monday, February 15, 2010

Seattle, WA

Tonight we closed here in Seattle.  It was a good weekend but rather hectic.  Seattle is home to our director and "Annie" creator Martin Charnin so everyone was a little on edge performing in the bosses hometown.  I did learn this week that I need Sun Shine.  It is cloudy and rainy here most of the time.  We haven't seen the sun since we have been in Seattle and my mood has been more than a little gloomy.

I also learned that I can relax and have a good time on stage, still do a professional job, and not take myself so seriously.  Sometimes I get so uptight about doing my part "right" that I get in my own way of doing a good job.  Thanks to Jeff for making me laugh and helping me to "get over" myself.  Thanks to Cay for putting up with my moods.  And thanks to all of my fans and all the "Annie" fans out there for your many kind words and applause night after night.

Tomorrow we head to Montana for three days before driving back to California for another weekend.  Our travel schedule is about to get crazy again but it should prove to be a lot of fun!

Four weeks from tonight the "Annie" dream will come to an end for me.  I am looking forward to celebrating a fantastic four weeks with this amazing company and I have promised myself that my sole focus for these remaining weeks is going to be having FUN while putting on the best shows of my life.

I hope to see you all in these final few weeks as we zigzag across the county.  But if I have seen you in person for the last time, please know what a joy it has been for me to share this dream with all of you.  It has been everything I had hoped for and more.

No comments: