Sunday, April 12, 2009

South Bend, Indiana

Happy Easter!

For the past three days we have been in South Bend where we did three performances Friday and Saturday before having a day off today. The theatre here is great. It is one of those old, ornately decorated houses and the audiences were wonderfully responsive. While we were here "Annie" had it's own resurrection experience as we discovered new life and new focus in our performances. I always get asked if it is difficult doing the same thing over and over. "Do you ever get bored?" is the way one young person put it too me recently. While we aren't really bored it can become "routine" and in theatre that is something we seek to avoid. Well, this weekend we broke out of our "routine" and had three great performances. I found a new energy within myself as we played here and while it probably went unnoticed to those who see me do this day in and day out it was real and tangible to me onstage and left me each night ready and excited to do the show the next day.

One bit of tragedy on the road this week, our bus was vandalized on Friday night. Someone broke the window out of the door of the bus. Fortunately, with us being in one place for three days and within walking distance of the theatre not much of value was on the bus but it still leaves us all feeling a little violated. That bus, as much as we complain about it, is our home while on the road. We are all just grateful everyone is OK and the damage was minimal.

Monday we head to Springfield, IL and then we will be in Kentucky for two days before heading up to Ohio. I will get to see Cay while we are in Kentucky. I am looking forward to that. I will also be having my 49th birthday on Wednesday which I am looking forward to. I learned a long time ago that every birthday is a day to celebrate life! Getting old is something to celebrate and that brings joy to the hearts of all those who love us.

We have only nine weeks left of the "Annie" tour that began back in October of 2008. We will close on June 14 in Tampa, FL. I tell you all this now so that you can celebrate with me the joy I have experienced in living out my dream of performing professionally in a production of this caliber. I would love to have you all join me in these final weeks to celebrate this "Dream Come True." While "Annie" will continue to tour next season none of us knows for sure what the future will bring and while the "sun will come out tomorrow" we never now what it will reveal. Therefore, let us celebrate the present and thank God for the joy we know in this moment! In doing so, we honor ourselves, our loved ones, and our God.

Blessings to all on this Easter Day and I pray you all are filled with joy and peace on this very special day.

David

No comments: