Saturday, February 21, 2009

Greetings from Canada

It has been a while since I have blogged so let me catch you up. Since I last blogged we have played Whitewater, Wisconsin; Minneapolis, Minnesota; Grand Forks, North Dakota; and are now in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. During that time we have played to some fabulous audiences.

Minneapolis is the home town of Jeff Duncan, who plays FDR in the show as well as being close to home for Cheryl Hoffman who plays Lily and our Technical Director, Corey (I am not even going to try and spell his last name) so it was very exciting for them to get to play in front of huge groups of family and friends. Along with this excitement the audiences in Minneapolis were some of the most enthusiastic we have had on this tour. It was all a lot of fun and very exciting.

The weather wasn't even too bad. Jeff had talked about sub-zero temperatures and snow and wind but it was fairly mild while we were there with highs close to 20 and lows above Zero!

Monday we traveled to Calgary and my wife, Cay, met me there. We had a great week just spending time together and talking and being husband and wife present with each other. Everyone kept asking what we did each day and it was actually pretty boring to them I suppose, just dining and talking and sitting together watching TV or looking on the Internet but to us old married folk it was a wonderful and blessed 5 days. Tonight she is back in Nashville and I am very lonely but filled with joy to know that there is someone out there who loves and supports me as much as she does.

Doing the show in Canada is a little different from doing it in the states. The crowds have been great and audiences have thoroughly enjoyed the performances. Their reactions to the play, however, make it obvious how much of the play is rooted in USA culture and politics. The lines about Democrats and Republicans don't mean the same thing here as they do back in the States. While the reactions are different they don't, however, diminish the fun and enjoyment the audience seems to get from seeing the performances.

Being out of the country I won't be able to call home like I usually like to so I will do a better job of updating this blog so that everyone can keep up with me. Also, don't forget that I do have e-mail and you can always write!

Well, that's all for now. Hope you are all having a great week and I will be home March 24!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you were able to spend time with your wife, wish we had had the chance to meet her. We loved seeing all of you in Minneapolis, where we saw two great shows and sat amongst fabulous audiences. It was the first time we saw the show since opening night in N. Carolina and loved it. Hope your wife got back to Nashville safely. BTW, only us married people understand that simply going to dinner or watching TV together, is really the best and all we need! We will see you all in Toledo and then in Detroit where we have a gazillion hometown fans of Jillian's filling the audience! Take care.