Wednesday, November 18, 2009

One Last Time

Well, I have started up with "Annie" again. Sort of. Today I flew to Milwaukee where I will be doing a day-and-a-half of press events including a couple of Christmas Tree lightings and a meet greet for a group of community planners.

It still floors me that they will by me plane tickets, pay for hotels and meals, all just so that I can do a TV interview or two and make some public appearances. I guess playing a famous role has it perks.

I will fly home on Friday and then leave again on Sunday to begin the 2009-2010 Annie National Tour. This tour will be much shorter than the two previous tours lasting for only 16 weeks from beginning to end. We will be playing all over the US again. Places of note include Atlanta, Chicago, Cost Mesa, Seattle, Tempe and more.

If would like information about the show or would like to purchase tickets visit www.annieontour.com. It is a great web site with links to buy tickets, videos, pictures and much more.

As I begin what I assume will be the final phase of my adventure on the professional stage playing "Daddy Warbucks" I am faced with many emotions. Excitement, joy, anxiousness, doubt, fear and great deal more. I am looking forward to be back on the road with show but find myself already worrying about what I am going to do next. Oh well, God will provide and one way or another "the show must go on."

I hope to see you on the road. If you come to see the show be sure to stop by the stage door and say I. Meeting all the fans after the show is one of my favorite parts of touring.

Peace and Grace,

David Barton

No comments: