Friday, November 20, 2009

Getting into the Holiday Spirit

I spent yesterday in beautiful downtown Milwaukee.  It was a great, relaxing day that concluded with a wonderful evening of holiday cheer.  I was flown into Milwaukee to do some publicity for "Annie" that will be in Milwaukee Dec. 18-19.  I was part of the annual "Tree Lighting" ceremony, the "Holiday Lights" kick off and then conclued this morning with a wonderful interview on "The Morning Blend," a local morning talk show.

I have to admit I was surprised at the turnout for the evening events.  There were hundreds of people at the tree lighting and thousands at the Holiday lights kickoff which included a pretty awesome fireworks show.

Traveling from city to city doing "Annie" I don't often get the chance to experience the local atmoshpere or to get to know the town and its citizens very well.  We typically drive in, go to the hotel, go to the theatre, do the show, and leave, often without every seeing anything else.  To be able to stand amoung the townsfolk of Milwaukee and experience their joy and excitement in kicking off the holiday season was truly a blessing.

I can't wait to get back to Milwaukee and exerience their good will from stage.

No comments: