Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Final Week

We are now in our final week of the 2008-2009 Annie National Tour.

Bartlesville, OK and Austin, TX went well.  I stayed at my brother John's apartment in Austin which was great.  Not only did I save $80 a night on a hotel but I was able to spend some great time with my brother and have a little quiet time away from the Annie family.  It is always good to find some time to yourself and rest and recover from the pressure of always being "on."

Austin, is a great city.  If you have never been, I highly suggest adding it to your list of must see places in the USA.  We played at Bass Hall on the University of Texas campus.  The show went well and was well received.

Monday we had the day off so I drove up to Archer City and spent the afternoon with my parents and visited my Grandmother.  It was good to see Mom and Dad and spend some time with them.  It is too bad we don't realize when we are young and living at home how much our parents mean to us.  I think of those hours I spent doing silly things when I could have been spending time with Mom and Dad.  Now, I will drive 5 hours to send 5 hours just sitting and talking with them.  It was a very special day.  And of course seeing my 92 year old Grandmother is always a joy.  You would never know your age by simply looking at her.  She is an amazing woman and continually inspires me to do my best in all I do.  My Dad is and always has been my hero.  While not a perfect man, he is a loving and compassionate man, and will do anything for anyone.  The way in which he cares for my mother is saintly and Divine.  My mom has always inspired me to love others with all my soul.  She is the most loving person I have ever known.  Even now, in the midst of her horrible illness I look into her eyes and see the face of God.  She is truly a living angel.

Today was our last travel day on the bus!  We have driven over 36,000 miles these past eight months.  That is roughly 600 hours of driving not counting rest and lunch stops.  If you add those in we have spent 30 nights and days on the bus!  This is one part of tour I wont miss.

We performed in McAllen, Texas tonight.  It was a typical early summer day here.  It reminded me of my childhood and youth growing up in Texas.  I laid outside before the show in the shade enjoying the dry warmth of the late afternoon.  Many a day as a kid, my brother and sister and I would sit under the shade trees in the afternoon playing and relaxing.  There is nothing like it.

Tomorrow is our final travel day as we fly to Tampa, FL where we finish our tour.  Only 5 more days to go and then I will be headed for HOME!

No comments: