Thursday, May 21, 2009

What a week!

Wow, a whole week has passed since I last blogged.  My wife is not going to be happy about that.  This past week has been one of those that we try and forget or at least not dwell upon.  We have been engaged in a week of one nighters where we move from one city to the next with just barely enough time to do the show, shower, sleep, eat and get back on the bus.  Highlights of the week include a performance in Brooklyn where many of the cast had lots of friends and family see the show.  I got to see last year's "Grace" which was nice and met a young woman who has been following my blogs that I had never met.  It is rather odd to me that people enjoy reading this blog who don't know me.  It is humbling and rewarding to know that what I do is interesting to others but I don't find the things I write here all that fascinating.  It was nice to meet and her and has helped to make the week a little more enjoyable.

Portland, Maine was a great place to visit though we didn't get to stay there for long.  It is a very quaint town with lots to do and see.  They also really enjoyed the show which is always nice.  After all these performances I find that I still rely on the audience response to keep me excited about the show.  While acting is enjoyable in and of itself it takes the audience response to keep one going after 400+ performances.

Tonight we are in Niagara Falls on our way to London, Ontario.  The falls are amazing but the city is disturbingly commercial.  It is sort of a cross between Rio and Pigeon Forge.  In my opinion it detracts from the majesty of the falls.  

Three-and-a-half weeks to go before the layoff begins.  I am looking forward to being home and being with my family.  But until then, I will try and do a better job of posting on my blog.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Hi David!
I'm the one you met in Brooklyn who's been following your blog since last year. My name's Chrissy and I live in New York. I've been an 'Annie' fan since I was practically in diapers, and I played the title role when I was 9. I'm 22 now, and the performance in Brooklyn was one of my birthday presents. I really enjoyed the show, and I love reading what you write here. I can send you the picture of us that my mom took at the stagedoor if you'd like. My email is chrissyjacobs@ymail.com if you'd like to email me so I can send you the picture. Have a great rest of the tour! =]