Friday, March 5, 2010

New Haven, CT

Today we arrived in New Haven, CT after a wild week of one nighters before mostly sold out crowds!  It fills like we have driven a gazillion miles on the bus this week but probably only 1,500 in reality.

This weekend we are performing at the historic Schubert Theatre here.  It is a beautiful, old Broadway style theatre.  When I think of going to an old Broadway house this is what I think of.  It was home to the world premiers of many of musical theatres greatest works including most all of the Rogers and Hammerstein musicals.  It is a real thrill to think of all the famous performers that have stood on the stage here and to be following in their footsteps.

Most of the performances are close to being sold out and tonights audience was great and the show went well.  To top it all off it was Ms. Hannigan's birthday (or at least the actor who plays her.)  And tomorrow my daughter is coming to New Haven and will see the show on Sunday afternoon!

We now have only TEN performances remaining.  As we draw near to the end I find myself avoiding thinking about the future.  I know that I will find work, and I know that I will continue to do theatre, but I don't like thinking about not holding the red headed orphan in my arms every night.  It will be hard to adjust to life without Annie, both the show and the people.  The only thing that makes it bearable is knowing that I will get to go home and hold my wife in my arms every night.  It will be good to be HOME!

1 comment:

Mackenzie said...

I so enjoy reading your blog. Traveling has it's ups and downs-but it will surely be sad to say good-bye (for good this time) to all our Annie family!